Sunday, March 6, 2011

Changsha

Today we woke up around 5:30 a.m. and decided to get out of bed and hit the gym early.  It was great to watch the sun come up over the hills of Hong Kong.  We had a great breakfast and then strolled around the nicest mall I have ever visited.  Christian was thrilled that all the shops were closed because it was Sunday morning.

We caught the 11:30 a.m. train to Guangzhou.  It was pretty uneventful.  As soon as we stepped off the train in mainland China you could sense the change in culture.  We then met our guide Jack who transferred us to a new high speed train.  The train was amazing - very fast - at one point we were going about 340 KM/hour.  For about two hours we headed west into the heart of China and the scenery was very rural.  Finally we reached Changsha and met our guide Ashley.  Ashley took us to our hotel and gave us a brief overview of what to expect over the next week.  Tomorrow we meet Blythe at 9:30 a.m. at a government building and then she is ours!

I have to admit I was more than a little homesick this afternoon but Christian has been wonderful trying to keep me centered!  Not an easy task!

We learned this evening at dinner that the Chinese government does not allow Facebook, YouTube, or my Blog page so I have to send the updates to my mother to be posted - thanks Mom!  Tomorrow I will share pictures of our little Blythe!

No comments:

Post a Comment